Fire extinguisher maintenance is a requirement for any commercial building to ensure they are always the right type, in the right place and are working correctly, so that in the event of a fire, they provide the protection you need instantly. Based in Hornchurch, we provide fire extinguisher servicing throughout Essex, London and across the UK. Our fire extinguisher contracts give you peace of mind and ensure that you are meeting all required standards in fire safety for you and your staff.
As one of the leading fire extinguisher servicing companies in Essex, we pride ourselves in our professional engineers and totally reliable inspection, testing and maintenance service. We provide this fire extinguisher maintenance for all types of extinguishers for industrial and commercial premises throughout Essex.
Fire Extinguisher Servicing in Esses – A Visit Overview
Our accredited Engineers would carry out a fire extinguisher service following a plan similar to this list.:
- Test correct pressure reading in fire extinguisher
- Check fire extinguisher is correct for position and is visible
- Change O rings
- Check fire extinguisher nozzles and hoses
- Check the safety pin/clip and tamper indicating device to ensure that the extinguisher has not been operated.
- Examine the extinguisher body externally for corrosion or damage that could impair the safe function of the extinguisher.
- Ensure the operating labels are correct, in good condition, legible and printed in English.
- Weigh the fire extinguisher to check that the weight corresponds with the manufacturers specifications. Return to the manufacturer for replacement if there is a loss in content
of 10% or more.
- Affix the maintenance label to the extinguisher body avoiding covering instruction labels with technicians name or identification mark, date (month & year) of service, mass of extinguisher in kg’s, type of work carried out i.e. commissioning service
- Fit an extinguisher ID sign and if one is already in place check that it is appropriate for the type of fire extinguisher
- Fill in the inspection report advising the responsible person of your actions and any recommendations